Aberystwyth Robotics Club
Beginners Valiants Project
Last year our beginner roboteers used the Magician Chassis. This year they’ve stepped up and so has the level of the robot. Our new robots may look familiar, these ‘used’ to be Valiant Roamers used in 80’s and 90’s by schools etc.
These were operated by giving the robot instructions via the touchpad on top.
Our Valiants are programmable using an Arduino Uno as a brain and have a variety of new sensors which the originals didn’t include, such as an ultrasonic sensor, a servo, two infrared sensors, wheel encoders, speaker, LED and LDR and the best of all…….an XBee. This means all ten of our Valiants can communicate with eachother!
- 8th February 2017 – Light Emitting Diode and Light Dependent Resistor (Final Worksheet)
- 12th October 2016 – Presentation
- 19th October 2016 – Introduction
- 19th October 2016 – Motors
- 26th October 2016 – Half Term (No Meeting)
- 2nd November 2016 – Ultrasonic sensors and NewPing library
- 9th November 2016 – Servos and Servo library
- 16th November 2016 – Speaker and pitches.h header file
- 23rd November 2016 – Competition Preperation
- 30th November 2016 – Competition Preperation
- 7th December 2016 – Competition Preperation
- 14th December 2016 – Competition / Show and Tell
- (14th December – Last Meeting in 2016)
To access the resources for the Valiants course, click the button below.