Aberystwyth Robotics Club
Beginners Valiants Project
Last year our beginner roboteers used the Magician Chassis. This year they’ve stepped up and so has the level of the robot. Our new robots may look familiar, these ‘used’ to be Valiant Roamers used in 80’s and 90’s by schools etc.
These were operated by giving the robot instructions via the touchpad on top.
Our Valiants are programmable using an Arduino Uno as a brain and have a variety of new sensors which the originals didn’t include, such as an ultrasonic sensor, a servo, two infrared sensors, wheel encoders, speaker, LED and LDR and the best of all…….an XBee. This means all ten of our Valiants can communicate with eachother!
- 10th October 2018 – Introduction and Motors
- 17th October 2018 – Motors
- 24th October 2018 – Ultrasonics
- 31st October 2018 – Ultrasonics and Servo
- 7th November 2018 – Maze Solving
- 14th November 2018 – Maze Solving
- 21st November 2018 – Creating Music
- 28th November 2018 – Christmas Preperation
- 5th December 2018 – Christmas Preperation
- 12th December 2018 – Competition / Show and Tell
To access the resources for the Valiants course, click the button below.